PLEASE DO NOT SHARE, POST, DISTRIBUTE, OR DISPLAY THIS NEWSLETTER IN ANY DIGITAL FORMAT.
Do Everything In Love
Serving on the Asia-Pacific Region Church of the Nazarene.
May 2021 Newsletter
Ask about Facebook group
Strength to Love in Courageous Ways
We received this short letter from a young couple we have mentored over the past several years:
I want to tell you about a man named Mr. Kasim. He lives alone with no one to take care of him. For two weeks he was very sick with Covid-19, and as a result none of his neighbors were willing care for him.
Last Monday he sat in front of his house for two days, day and night, because he was too weak to get himself back inside his house. When I passed his house, I stopped and tried to help him get back into his house. When I saw how weak and sick he was, I took the liberty to take him to the hospital. I checked on him regularly for three days.
I felt encouraged by the Holy Spirit to tell him the Lord Jesus loved him very much and that night as I stayed with him at the hospital, we talked for a very long time. He understood his sin, repented, cried, put his trust in Jesus Christ, and cried with joy. Two days later he died. He was just too weak. He had no family, so I arranged for his burial, relying on the strength of the Lord to help me.
This situation caused a stir in Mr. Kasim’s neighborhood. Even during this time when so many people aren’t willing or able to love one another, the Son of God gives us the strength to love in courageous ways. This became a positive witness to them because they saw Christ in our lives and in the love that we were able to show to Mr. Kasim and to them. We continue to pray for a movement of God in this neighborhood and among these people. Peace to you and may Christ be with us always.
What are we doing?
We are thankful for technology and opportunity to continue discipling, mentoring, and leading even as we continue to wait stateside. It is clear, however, that God is working in the country where we serve, whether we are there or not!
Even so, while we wait we continue to serve locally and across the globe in a variety of ways, including:
- Mentoring and discipling Neighbor workers
- Teaching at our field’s Nazarene Theological College
- NMI training and leadership development
- Accreditation and validation of educational courses
- Translation projects for pastors and local churches
- Speaking in stateside churches as there is opportunity
Fun at the Bruneau Sand Dunes
Love others in meaningful, courageous ways!!!
Deputation and Fundraising
We could not have made it through this year without the faithful prayers and giving of many in the form of ongoing monthly and one-time ministry contributions, affordable housing, vehicles to use, and unexpected gifts of cash and other needed household, school, and ministry items. THANK YOU!
To give a one-time or monthly tax-deductible ministry contribution to help us meet ongoing field expenses along with additional expenses of living in the U.S. go to
or mail a check made out to
Global Ministry Center (with “Fairbanks Work” in the memo line) to Global Ministry Center, 17001 Prairie Star Parkway, Lenexa, KS 66220. Information on giving personal gifts available by request.
New Prayer Card
Would you like to receive a digital or “real” copy of our new prayer card? Just let us know and we’ll make sure you get one!
- Grace and Elijah are finishing the last 3 weeks of their fifth consecutive quarter of online school. Pray that their school will be able to return to on campus this coming school year.
- Pray for our return to the field – at the right time with the right paperwork in hand.
- Pray for the Covid situation in the country where we serve and around the globe. This past week one of our pastors, her sister, and her mother all died after short battles with this virus.
- Pray for the local churches on the field where we serve, that they would continue seeking ways to serve and love each other and the people in their community. Pray for more stories like the one above to play out across the field.